Friday, December 26, 2014

A cat...



This is my very first attempt at drawing a cat.  It is okay.  I need to learn more about how to make fur more realistic.  I'm pleased with the placement of the eyes and ears, though.  This cat makes me happy, though.  Honestly, I'm learning that simply spending the time working in my art journal is so rewarding.  I feel more grounded, less stressed, and energized in spending this time with myself.  I post my pictures not because I think I'm some talented artist - in fact, I'm well aware that I'm not - but I post my pictures because I want to encourage others to try this.  Start experimenting - maybe you will find that you love painting.  Or drawing.  Maybe you will discover you like to make jewelry or knit or write short stories.  Maybe you will simply start documenting your days in a journal or start a blog.  Whatever it is, I think there is something in many people that is creative - there is some experience that you can participate that will bring you joy and maybe even a greater understanding of who you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment