Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A first attempt at drawing an eye!


So this is one of my first attempts at drawing an eye.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of this eye!  I've never drawn one before - just always assumed I would not be able to do it.  I found a video on YouTube that walked me through the process of how to make a realistic eye.  Of course, my version is not as good as what the artist in the video did, but I still think it is pretty good.  For some reason, I keep staring at this eye.  It is as if it is telling me to have hope - to push forward with exploring my passions.  It really does not matter if I'm an "artist" or if I have talent.  It really doesn't matter if my attempts are successful or if I fall flat and have to start over.  What matters is that it is important to me.  It refreshes and excites me at the same time to push myself to try new things - to attempt to create something.  And that is what it is all about - feeding our souls, finding those precious moments when we can pursue those things that make us feel alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment